The Battle of Rhode Island Association

Jamestown Historical Society

Jamestown Historical Society Logo

The Jamestown Historical Society was initially founded in 1912 to preserve the Jamestown windmill. Since then we’ve added other preservation efforts – the 1786 Conanicut Friends Meetinghouse, the 1776 Conanicut Battery, the 1875 primary school that serves as our museum, and a constantly growing collection of over 40,000 photographs, archives, and artifacts that tell the history of Conanicut, Dutch, and Gould Islands.